Close Your Pool
Closing your pool for winter is the most important step in ensuring it lasts season after season. But, with so many different how-tos available online how can you be sure you are closing it correctly? That’s what we’re here for. To tell you the best way to close your pool.
We have composed a list of generic steps to help you close your pool:
- A few days before you plan to close sweep all silt off the bottom of the pool and remove all debris
- Two days before closing add a phosphate remover to prevent and kill algae
- Run the filter for 24-48hours
- On Closing Day add or remove water to reach the level specified in your owner’s manual
- Balance the chemistry of your pool: total alkalinity should be between 80-120ppm and the pH between 7.4 and 7.6
- Drain pool lines and add antifreeze to prevent damage to your pipes
- Turn off all power to support equipment and remove fuses/turn circuit breakers to off
- Remove and store ladders, slides, and diving boards
- Install your safety cover, winter cover, or leaf net**
**optionally install an air pillow first. An Air Pillow is a large air pocket underneath your cover that stops water/snow from pooling in the center of your cover
Remember, if you have any questions you stop in the store or give our friendly experts a call and we will be more than happy to help you with your pool closings.
No comment yet, add your voice below!